Wednesday, August 29, 2007

flight mishaps

i don't even know where to begin. i guess I'll start from the time i left the house.as soon as my car service arrived that's where my adventure began. i got to JFK around 950am, a 20 min drive from my house.thank God there weren't any traffic. my flight was @ 1135am . i was thinking of doing the curbside check-in but i was afraid that my luggage would get lost so i opted to do the traditional way of checking in the bags which is going inside the airport, waiting in line and all. when i got to the American airlines section the line was a lil long than i expected. i only had to check in one baggage and get my boarding pass. i would've done the self service booth since i had the e-ticket but i had like an hour and i didn't wanna take any chances. maybe if i came in like 2 hours before my flight i would've experimented with the self service line. anyways, after checking in and going through security i waited at the gate. i had a direct flight going there so it would only take me 2 hours and 30 mins. of course the flight was delayed. and as soon as we boarded we had to wait another 30 mins. so in total the flight was delayed for an hour. and that's where it all started. i must say American airlines is really cheap. the only thing u could get for free are the drinks. even if you wanted peanuts u have to buy it. to think they should offer more since they're losing business from what happened on 9/11. so that pissed me off as well. I'm glad that i decided to eat breakfast before go in to the airport or else i would've probably collapsed from starvation. when i got to Miami int'l airport (MIA), Kai already called and informed me that she was already there so i told her to meet me at baggage claim. little did i know that i wasn't waiting for anything since they lost my luggage! somehow i knew this was going to happen since Ive been thinking about this for like a week. i mean u know how it is in the movies..wherein the airline loses the luggage and they just deliver it to your house. i couldn't believe what was happening to me. at that point i thought this will not be a good trip for me. so i went to baggage claim service and reported the situation. they told me the aircraft could only hold a specific weight and all before it could take off. all extra baggage will be placed on the next flight. they said my luggage should be on the next flight coming in to MIA from JFK..and that flight doesn't come in till 820pm. i got to MIA at 4pm.they said if i want they could just deliver it to my hotel. last shift for delivering baggage was at 11pm. at that point i just wanted to go to the hotel .i couldn't believe that i was stressed out already on my first day of vacation.

so what happened going back to JFK? knowing that i wont be flying American airlines anymore gave me some relief after what i experienced with them losing my luggage. this time i was flying delta airlines..but i have a connecting flight in Cincinnati, Ohio. everything was going great.i left extra early from the hotel so i could check in my bags and made sure that they will get to new york. but then again my flight was delayed again for like 40 mins since they were working on the AC. all of a sudden it hit me..if I'm late 40 mins i would also be late for my connecting flight. i would've only had to wait 30 mins in Ohio before i flew to NY. i was hoping that that flight would be delayed since all my flights from this trip was all delayed. we landed in Ohio 316pm and my next flight was scheduled for 315. i really felt i was in the movies. u know..when u run in the airport catching the next flight hoping that they wont leave u kinda thing?..what are the chances? well that was the only flight that i would've been in that was on time. so i missed my flight. at this point i couldn't believe what was happening to me. going to Florida i lose my luggage, and going back to NY i miss my flight. surreal right! i know!..so i went to customer service and they said the next flight leaving Ohio going to JFK was at 725pm..which means i have to wait for like 4 hours. they also gave me a meal voucher worth 7 bucks . at that point i called Nicole, Alan, mark, and Karen. they all said the same thing at this point..'YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME?!'

with all this being said ,i must say this was a surreal experience. hey at least i know what to do the next time this happens. no regrets..it actually spiced up my trip.LOLZ!

* i will be writing about my whole trip, just wanted to get the flight mishaps out of the way* wink!

No comments: